Computers are far from perfect (and so are we)! These instructions will tell you the correct way to re-install the Studio Organizer software and transfer your backup data into the new files. Reinstalling the Studio Organizer should ONLY be done when advised by Tech Support to do, and only the instructions provided below should be used. If you download and install the Studio Organizer 7 without following the instructions below, you may overwrite your existing data.
So if your computer has crashed or corrupted your data, or you've had to reformat your hard drive or switch computers, or you've goofed and deleted your data somehow, don't worry. You can always restore you backup data into a fresh copy of the Studio Organizer.
Be sure to backup your data at the end of every day to a USB flash drive. This will give you the peace of mind of knowing you have your data in your pocket and you can use these instructions to restore you data on any computer at any time.
Let's start by placing a COPY of your backup files on the Desktop of your computer. You can retrieve your last backups from a USB drive you've saved them to, or from the Studio Organizer Data folder. Make sure you're using the most current backup files you have.
1) If you have backups of your data on a USB flash drive, copy your two backup files to the Desktop.
Macintosh Users: Open your existing Studio Organizer 7 folder and move the two backup files to the Desktop.
Windows Users: Open your existing Studio Organizer 7 folder, open the Data folder and move the two backup files to the Desktop.
2) If you have a Studio Organizer 7 folder installed on this computer, rename the folder "Old Studio Organizer 7".
Do not skip this step, otherwise you will overwrite your data!
4) Macintosh Users: Open the new Studio Organizer 7 folder.
Windows Users: Open the Studio Organizer 7 folder, then open the Data folder.
5) Macintosh Users: Copy the 2 backup files into the Studio Organizer 7 folder
Windows Users: Copy the 2 backup files into the Data folder.
6) Close the Studio Organizer 7 folders.
7) Open the software (no password required).
8) Go to the Wizards menu and select Restore Snapshot. Follow the onscreen prompts. This will transfer all of your backup data into the new version of the Studio Organizer 7.
This will give you peace of mind knowing your data is always in your pocket.